Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Phoo Action

No idea what this will be like, but previewed BBC3 at 10pm 9pm tonight.






NOTE: I would have linked to the BBC3 channel on YouTube, but they've specifically banned embedding, which seems a bit short-sighted, mainly because it's easy to just get someone else's version, so all that happens in they lose the pageviews. Tch.



ALSO: ooh, my old boss at Waterstone's Canterbury has done got a blog. Please feel free to go there to complain that you ordered a baked potato in the coffee shop, and it hasn't turned up yet and that was HALF AN HOUR AGO!

UPDATE:

PHOO REVIEW: me no likey.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you mean 'the old boss at Waterstone's Canterbury has done GOT A SERIOUS BLOG'

Valerie said...

Considering that, to me, this looks like a mashup of Pris, Freddy Kreuger, Tron, Jackie Chan and Pee-Wee's Playhouse, I can't say I'm surprised that you don't like it. Some matches were not made in heaven.

James Henry said...

To be fair, I didn't watch the whole thing. I only really like Jamie Hewlett's stuff when it's animated - huge fan of all the Gorillaz stuff for example.

For some reason, this kind of thing (Phoo and The Boosh, which are quite similar tonally) seems to work well as comics, or on stage, or on film, but don't really carry over onto television. I think television is too intimate a medium somehow, it can just seem like silly people shouting at you.

Jayne said...

Phoo. Meh.

Nicey said...

thats some blog I lke your style

Boz said...

I'd rather have Toy-Fu, let's put it that way...