Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Second Green Wing scriptbook

I had a very nice email from Annabel Gardner, who said:

"As a BIG fan of Green Wing; I am OUTRAGED that Titan books are not going to publish the Second series scriptbook! I feel so strongly against it that I have started a Petition at:

www. petitions.com/petition/GreenWingS2Scriptbook (click on the 'petition text' bit to sign it)
 
I am hoping to reach, at least, the 1000 mark as I know there are a lot of GW fans out there! Here's to hoping that this makes Titan books change their mind?! Unless of course, you know any differently and that a Petition of this kind would not work? Could you let me know if thats the case?!"

I don't know whether a petition would work or not,to be honest, although it's certainly worth a try.

And if they don't publish it, it may well be possible to put some of the second series scripts out as PDFs in some sort of unofficial basis* - they won't be the same as the books (which are compiled by poor Rachel from the Green Wing office having to sit in front of the DVDand write down every word), so they don't have some of the improvy bits, although they do have lots of stuff that didn't make it in, which is quite nice. Might see if I can round those up anyway.


* Unless I get one of Those Calls from Rob.

Ooh, ooh, on-topic, did anyone see Karl Theobald (Green Wing's Martin) controlling an army of future evolved radio-controlled bat-monsters on Primeval last week? I'm starting to think I may have imagined it, in which case I'm commissioning six further episodes on the same sort of basis asap.

15 comments:

Jayne said...

Me! I saw it! He used to be such a nice young man, who'd have thought he'd have it in him...

Plus Mark Heap playing a sort of low key Statham in Bonnetland is always good for a smirk.

James Henry said...

Bums, I keep forgetting that's on.

Dave said...

Thank you, thank you! My memory has been failing recently, what with the illness and the drugs* etc, and I've spent the last few days trying to remember what series it was that I used to watch in which Karl Theobald appeared as a rather less world-dominating role.

*Prescription.

Anonymous said...

signed the petition of course :) I love the s1 book and so I would really like the s2 one to be released although PDF's would make me happy too *wink wink*

I didn't see Karl in Primeval but I saw him in Doc Martin a while back and thought that was amusing

Very looking forward to seeing Mark Heap in love soup with Tamsin...

Sylvia said...

Were the sales so lousy for GW1? Lord knows the Queens of Insania bought enough copies to cover Iceland (country, not supermarket).

I actually though of doing it myself, paying royalties due, of course, but just to get the book out into the open.

I have the John Bull printing kit on standby.

But you can do it so much better. Couldn't you make some money out of it, publishing it yourself?

James Henry said...

Right up until I get found out. They're quite expensive to produce as well, all glossy and colour and that. I'll ask around anyway, see what I can find out.

Tim F said...

Don't devoted GW fans know all the scripts by heart anyway?

patroclus said...

They don't have to be glossy - they could be steampunk-style handbills. And you the Master Pamphleteer, distributing them from a sedan chair with blacked-out windows.

(There are signs I have thought about this too much.)

patroclus said...

The Masked Pamphleteer.

I'll go now.

Anonymous said...

"distributing them from a sedan chair with blacked-out windows."

With the soundtrack from Plunkett and Macleane playing in the background.

patroclus said...

Anyone would think I saw Plunkett & Macleane for the first time just the other night...

Sylvia said...

Couldn't you do a downloadable edition? Would save lots of paper.

And yes Tim, of course the Queens of Insania and all their subjects know the scripts off by heart, but it's all the extras that we want.

Pity the pages of the previous book weren't wipe clean - all that drooling over certain pictures has left quite a few copies, er, shall we say, a bit messy. And crinkled from being hugged at night in bed.
Sorry, that was too much information.

Boz said...

I prefer 'Master Pamphleteer' if it makes you feel any better. Surely there's a graphic novel right there...

...only he knows how to make the booklet printing mode on Word work...

patroclus said...

A graphic novel about the distribution of lovingly crafted printed matter...I like it.

Also, Word has a booklet printing mode? Why did no one tell me?

Anonymous said...

You can do a leaflet drop out of a bi-plane, just as long as we get all the extras (mumbles Mac's first name? Mac's first name......)